Pages

Sunday, April 7, 2013

And then I looked Up!!

 
 
I am proud, I'll admit it.  I walk up that staircase and beam (inside) at the lovely I created.  And one day something happened.   It felt darker somehow.  I thought "Oh a bulb is out..."  and then I looked up. 
 
 
 
I felt a lump in my throat, it's hard to swallow
 
No, it's not an orb in my photo, that grayish spot is the stairway light fixture. Jaw on the floor... yeah a bulb was out, but (please don't judge)  look at that ceiling fixture!!!  I think I've spent the last 7 years reproducing and raising 5 kids and never had a sec to look anywhere but down!
 


 
So after an entire a.m. of googling for a cheap solution, I came up with a couple of contenders.  I found two different affordable (key word)  lantern style fixtures from Overstock.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Rustic like the steps, affordable, available.  OK.  then I turned around at the top of the steps and looked up at the ceiling.  We've got three, yes three, of those beauties in the upstairs hallway.  Here's 2 of 'em.
 
 
Now your talking about 4 total light fixtures.  There goes the budget, so I've just put this replacement on the back burner. 
 
I guess one at thing at a time.  I'm going to "Bloom Where I'm Planted" in the stairway first, because that's what visitors see!!!!
 
Any suggestion?  Please leave some comments, I need a solution!