Pages

Monday, April 1, 2013

Cheater Pirate Art



 
This is an easy way to get cute artwork in your kids room.  I ordered wall decals and decided they were "too abundant" for the walls in this shared bedroom.  My two little guys have a lot of stuff in there and I am not a fan of clutter.  (Although I have so much clutter.)
 
I have had these 10 X 10 frames for years.  I actually bought them at Marshall's with some weird mouse pictures in them.  I have painted over them a few times.  First, they were little bear pictures, then cowboys, now pirates.  The decals are  RoomMates peel and stick wall decals (Treasure Hunt) from Amazon for under $15. 
 
 
 I started with a blank white background, if your frames are new, just use the backing, the cardboard part.  I had to buy poster board, cut it to size and painted the white or yellow onto the center.  I placed the pirate where I wanted him, then added some more paint around him, then some of the phrases and decals.  I used craft paint to paint the border and the that's it! 



 
Once I hung them, I added some of the RoomMates around the pictures and in different area in the room.
 
 
Thanks for looking!