Pages

Friday, May 10, 2013

Use the Unused Room

 
We have a complete waste of space in this house.  I'm sure half of us do.  It's come to light because, as of Tuesday, I am (again) a student and I'm getting a little nervous about where the heck I'm going to "be a student" for my first online class, ever.   
 
Our house was built with, ahem, a "study" that is now (and always has been) a kid-friendly spot complete with a sofa, TV, and PS3.  I have no time interest in transforming it into my "office"  and really like that I can shut the door to that room and hide the fact that I have 5 kids sometimes.  Just bein' honest. 
 
As far as the living room is concerned, I've already changed up the windows, making it less formal and stuffy.  I'm working on the sofa (that's a whole other story.)  So my wheels began turning as I sat in there, and I thought, "Why not use this unused spot!?" 
  Nobody uses the sofa but Vince (the dog.)  
 
See?
 

Now what I need is a small area, designated for a laptop and seat,  yet something that will fit in with the room.  I'm going for functional living room, not home office here.
  Off to the Internet for a little inspiration and here's all the stuff in my brain....
 
 
 
 
 
source

 
 
Alright, well I don't have a closet in there but this is cute. 
 
 
 
 
 
 



 
A girl can dream can't she?
 
 
This blog is all about planted and blooming and blah, blah, blah, so okay I 'll just have to make do with what I have.  Here it goes.  
 
My sofa table is going to be my "desk"
 
 
  I bought this stool for reasons none other than it was on clearance at Target a month ago for 40 bucks, so that will be my seat.  I'd like to recover it, probably not before Tuesday though! 
 
 
   
 
Wish me luck!