Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Capiz Button Initial Decor

 
 
 
 
 
As promised, I decided to make a summer initial decoration for the house.  I simply followed my own tutorial for Button Initial Wall Art, and used Capiz Buttons instead.
 
I was going to frame it, but decided I liked how it looked on a pillow instead.
You will need:
  • Capiz Buttons- these are available in the button section (go figure) of any craft store, but I ordered mine from Ebay, they had larger bags for less  
  • A piece of fabric (I used some leftover drop cloth canvas from the sofa redo
  • Hot Glue Gun
 
I'm not a fan of preparation, so I didn't trace the letter first, but I do recommend it. Just hot glue 'em down, one layer at a time, until you have your letter filled in.  I attached it to an existing muslin pillow.
 
 
 
Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I came over from Give Me the Goods and love this. I made my cousin one that is very similar but I sewed every single button on. It took forever and although I loved the look and wanted one for me, I couldn't make myself sew that much again. This way would be quick and easy! Maybe I'll add it to my to do list. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Your questions or comments are always appreciated!