Pages

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Blue Bamboo Dresser


 
Before

 
I've finally gotten around to tackling my bamboo dresser, it's done (sort of) and she is quite lovely, I might add.  I followed the same steps I used when I painted the matching side table here. It's true color isn't captured in the pictures, it's really a deep cobalt color.
 
The top of this dresser is laminate, and this might be handy for spills and glass rings, but I just wanted it painted.  I used two coats of Kilz Primer only on the top,


sanding between coats, and then let it dry for three weeks.  (OK... you only need to wait 24 hours but back-to-school, the landing zone, the spouse's kidney stones, etc. held up some progress) 
 
I spray painted the dresser with a beautiful blue by Valspar, called "Deep Sea Diving."  (It came out so very bright on screen though). I Removed the paint from the pulls and knobs, and I still need to coat it with a poly, just for durability. I'm loving the gold hardware and high gloss, and this piece is perfect for stashing all kinds of slop  DVD's and toys in the drawers, while still looking like an accent piece !


Later, I've got a little project to share on tying in that touch of gold throughout the room.  Thanks for looking!